“The Heart Throb”: strawberries, raspberries, Irish cream chocolate mousse, dark chocolate drizzle, & truffle bits. Holy balls. (at Waffle Window 2)
Mixed berries and bittersweet chocolate! With @jennistowell @applesin & @confu2 #waffle #chocolate #breakfast #brunch #portland #pdx (Taken with Instagram at Waffle Window 2)
We found Nutella & Go at a gas station near the movie theater we went to tonight! (Side note: go see Hesher! Movie was awesome).
Turns out my iPhone takes a pretty kick ass photo and my stovetop makes a pretty kick ass lightbox. Nutella should hire me to do their stock photography. I’d happily take product as payment.
The past two days:
- End of tour in Cleveland, OH: weird venue, hanging with the awesome and talented Charlie Wagers, Josh told everyone it was my birthday and about 100 people said “Happy Birthday!” to me at the end of the show, the band surprised me with the biggest bag of Chick-Fil-A ever. They also bought me new shoes because my last pair were held together with Gaff tape and smelled like death.
- Too much travel/too much TSA bullshit.
- Made it home for my birthday. Which wife pulled out all the stops and made incredible. Complete with records, massages, burgers, and the biggest cake I’ve ever seen.
- Came home to a pile of 24 records waiting for me
- Fancy dinner date at Portland City Grill (provided for by Mom) tonight where we ate entirely too much food.
- The new Lavinia record is fucking incredible and I cannot wait for it to hit my turntable.
- I acquired my white whale. After months of constant searching and struggle, Caspian’s European tour press of You Are The Conductor on white (/100) was won by me on eBay for a ridiculous sum of money this afternoon. Mylene Sheath record collection: 100% complete.
Now I have approximately 3000 things to accomplish in the next two months before our February 2011 tour dates commence. New merch, new ideas, new venues, new camera(?).
Oh, and here’s a cross section of the biggest, densest cake that has ever existed. Prepare for diabetic shock:
That’s four layers of dark chocolate cake, two layers of mint-flavored yellow cake, chocolate mint icing between every layer and on the outside, and all covered with Oreos. In two days I’ve managed to eat 3/4 of one piece.